Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu
Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday 8 July 2016

Datuk Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah


IPOH: Former Second Finance Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah said he has no problems with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak, the Cabinet and the party following his decision to quit from Najib's administration and from all party posts.
"It is my decision and it is final. I said I will quit after the last general election but did not know when that day will come and my last stop and political career will be at the Finance Ministry.
"When the prime minister had his own ideas and wanted to move me to another ministry, I told him to drop my name as I want to retire at the Finance Ministry. It is known to him," he told reporters at his Hari Raya open house here today.
On his last post in the Cabinet being in the Finance Ministry, the Tambun MP said: "I should be there helping the prime minister when we are facing challenges. I see the ministry as being able to bring people together irrespective of race. I believe in multi culturalism."
On the new Cabinet line up, he said: "It must work with intelligence and integrity for us to move up. It is not about bashing but the future and the people of Malaysia."
He also clarified that his decision had nothing to do with 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB), adding that it was a business entity and as such open to financial and business risks.
"We must look at mitigating both the risks and if we can do it then there will be no problem.
"When someone retires people will think there is surely some problem ... I am not, my background is different.
"I am a spiritual person and believe I must do something good for the people," he added.
Ahmad Husni also said he will not join former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
"I will be not be joining other parties, I believe in life, there is a full stop and I am in my last leg of political life which is to serve my constituents who have supported me all along and also prepare to enhance my spiritual studies," he added.
Adapted from TheSunDaily / 7 July 2016 / P. Chandra Sagaran

Related articles:


No comments:

Post a Comment